Deep-Dish Pizza Pie
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 Package of pizza crust mix
- Cooking spray
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 jar of pizza sauce, divided
- 1 Package pepperoni
- 1 Small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Configure your grill for indirect cooking. Preheat to 350 to 400°F. Cook the sausage for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix the pizza crust according to the instructions on the package, and let the dough rise. roll it out to the size of your skillet.
- Spray a 10 to 12-inch cast-iron skillet with your cooking spray. Place the crust in the skillet, forming it up the sides. Using a fork poke holes into the crust. Lightly salt and pepper the crust. Place the skillet on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until crust is slightly browned.
- Spread half of the jar of pizza sauce onto the crust. Add a layer of sausage , pepperoni, onion, and green pepper. Spoon on a little more pizza sauce, then top off with shredded cheese. Return to gill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Rotate your skillet and continue to cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the skillet (it should slight right out) and place it on a cooling rack. Let the pizza rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and most importantly enjoy every bite!
Grilling with DB Podcast- * Grilled Pizza* Ep...